Mobiflock keeps kids safe on smartphones and tablets
There are umpteen fantastic reasons children to have a mobile phone: from letting them stay in touch with parents and friends, to accessing the web for school projects, to simply fitting in with their friends. The flipside to this, however, is an unacceptable level of danger – from cyber-bullying and sexual harassment, to sexting, and spending too much time and money on their phones.
Mobiflock helps parents understand how their children are using their smartphones, gives parents the tools to protect their children from dangerous communication and content, and ultimately raise young adults who are adept at managing their digital lives. Mobiflock service allows parents to:
- Find out who their kids are contacting and who is contacting them. And what they are saying to each other.
- Control time and money spent on the handset, and information sent and received.
- Locate where the child is, or even a missing or stolen phone. And delete private information from a missing or stolen phone.
- Receive alerts about inappropriate content; cyber-bullying; sexting; predatory activity; spending too much time or money online.
- Parents can also safeguard their own phones.
Mobiflock works via a small app that is installed on the child's phone or tablet (Android, BlackBerry and Symbian, a safe browser is available for iOS). The mom or dad then manages the security settings via a web dashboard. They can also see what their kids are up to using their smartphones and tablets - this provides a safety net and early warning system for any dangerous activity. Specific activity - calls and texts to certain people, web content, app use, using the phone late at night or at school - can be prevented.
Mobiflock is different in that it is a one-stop-shop for all parental control requirements; it gives parents the flexibility to set limits that are appropriate for them and their children; and it works on the premise that mobile technology is a good thing, kids just need to be kept safe until they can handle the challenges they will face themselves. Parents are given peace of mind and the confidence to guide their children through this technological maze. What's more, Mobiflock is easy to use, so parents who are already perplexed by technology don't feel even more overwhelmed.